A conference and art performance event for the hypergrid enabled virtual worlds. Not everyone in Opensim is fluent in English. HIE is a 2 day event where residents speak, in their own languages, about about grids they've made, problems they have overcome, their inventions, experiences, and art. And, so that everyone can follow the talks, there are subtitles in German, French, Italian, Spanish and yes, in English too !

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Pixels at HIE

Jessica 'Lifted' Pixel is a long-time gamer who enjoys the madcap unpredictable, creative aspects of opensim. Lifted, with an immediately recognizable  ring avatar,  is a techie, explorer and a frequent filmer of the hypergrid tours, HG Safari - you can see her videos here on Youtube.
 During the recent HIE event, Lifted was part of the team that filmed the event. How did she get involved?
Lifted Pixel: I found out about the HIE event through Hypergrid Safari. Several safari regulars were involved with the event and I like to support the OpenSim metaverse where I can.
On HIE Welcome

Lifted Pixel: I've been live streaming since Twitch.tv was Justin.tv so I've been recording game play for the internet for many years. Not many people know anything about OpenSim, let alone Hypergrid Safari, so I like to be able to archive the event. My streams to YouTube are generally just for archival purposes, so they're not exciting. I hope that people will be able to find out about Safari, or people that are already familiar with Safari can see what happened on a week they missed. I do a lot of different things online, if people want to see what else I'm up to they can check out my website
Lifted dancing by one of Tina Bey's statues for HIE

Lifted Pixel: The filming part isn't hard... getting everything to rez and stay rezzed is the hard part. I know most of my day one footage was missing the blue chairs everyone was sitting in. Thankfully presenters didn't move around too much, so it was easy to capture them. I got a camera position HUD from James Atlloud that made it super simple. This was my first time recording an event like this and I think it went pretty well! I would say this was easier than recording Hypergrid Safari because there was a lot less moving around and things we're mostly limited to the stage.
In the auditorium
Lifted Pixel: I generally feel like more of an observer than an actual participant to events like this. I'm not really into talks and I only speak English, but I love the metaverse and the people that exist here. I enjoy these events like someone enjoys watching bees work a beehive. It's awesome what the people of the OpenSim community are able to put together and I'm happy to try and get it in front of more eyes!

1 comment:

  1. Lifted, it was wonderful to have you contribute to the filming at HIE. And I really appreciate watching your recordings when I'm not able to attend Safari. I often say, what would we be without our memories and your work definitely helps me with that! Thanks for the post Thirza.

    ReplyDelete